Thursday, July 29, 2010

Single Parent

Sometimes I feel like a single parent. And it's a disgusting feeling.

My husband works all day and comes home and sleeps until the kids need to be put to bed. Aside from when he takes over the cooking for dinner, most of his interaction with the children and I are through snoring.

I really have no sympathy for him at all. Parenting is your FIRST job. I don't care if you are tired, sick, hurt or just plain lazy.. we are in this job together and he needs to step up to the fucking plate.

Oh, and I'm sure being away from his 'responsibilities' as a parent for 6 months will be a damn treat for him.

The most I have ever seen him play with his kids in the last few months, is laying on the floor letting them jump on him, and chasing them in a hallway for 2 minutes.

When do I get to sleep on the couch? When do I get a sick day? When do I get a 'lunch break'? When do I get to fucking get away for the day and do something else?

I have no sympathy or fucking patients for this kind of thing. I watch the kids all day, afternoon and when he comes home.. I watch them when he sleeps. He puts them to bed, and then he is done for the day.

Welcome to fatherhood Michael... wake the fuck up, and take some damn responsibility for your damn kids. I don't get a break, so you shouldn't either.

I walk around with beta blockers running through my veins and I am dizzy and have headaches ALL day, and I still deal with the kids and have fun. You do nothing.

You know what? This 6 months will not be hard at all... because nothing is going to change around here. Bring it on.


This will be a fucking breeze, and a nice damn break. Oh wait, Mackenzie is coming to help.. it WILL be a nice break! Thank you Mackenzie, so so much.


--Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment