Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Tears, Babies, Inspiration and a Pug

A busy week for sure.

One of my only friends out here was having a rough week. Her Military husband got posted to CFB Trenton before they could sell their home. She had to stay back while her husband left. She has 10 month old twin girls and a dog.

As a Military wife, mother and human being... I understood the stress of all of this, and offered my assistance every night to her. Feeding and help putting both girls to sleep.

A week later, I went and picked up her husband from the airport and brought him home so they could go on their HHT.

Driving back from Halifax, Cesar got plain honest with me, and gave me the low down on what I need to do to really get this weight off. I got angry and HATED myself for getting this way. He talked to me in a way that no one has ever done, and I am sinserly greatful for the talk.

Later that evening, they dropped off their dog so I can doggy-sit for the week that they are gone.

The first night he seemed a little confused, but not stressed about it. He didn't want to eat, but we managed to find him a spot in our bedroom that he wanted to lay down in. Today we've taken him for 2 walks and he has been eating/drinking fine. He loves watching the traffic go by and he actually jumped into bed with me while I had some quiet time this afternoon.

My husband is leaving in just over 2 weeks. My mind aches just thinking about it.

Half of a year.
Six months.
24 weeks.
180 days.
4,383 hours.
262,974 minutes.
15,778,463 seconds.

How ever you say it, it's too long for me.


-Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment